Friday, May 6, 2011

Shoes... and how ecco started














I used to have one pair of shoes at a time, some years the would last a season, sometimes longer. They were always either black or brown. They had to be unnoticeable. I wore them every single day. A lot of them were ugly and uncomfortable. And I was happy to part with them after a season of wearing them apart.

I used to dream of having a pair of purple shoes, high-hills, just like this on pair my mom had. I always though one had to choose between beautiful and comfortable when it came to shoes. but if I had to choose, I chose comfortable and ugly… happy feet are more important.

Anyway, I think it all started with a most generous gift from my brother, on my birthday. I was in college. He took me shopping for a pair of puma sports shoes. they costed my brother roughly a hundred dollars. White and they felt like walking on clouds. I wore them for two years. The I fell in love with a very expensive pair of ecco shoes. my first spire. the strawberry shoes. which I have had since 2006.
And then, as my budget allowed it, I started adding to my collection. My very practical collection. I wear them every day. These are only a few of my shoes. only my favorite ones. And I rarely feel the need to go shoe shopping. What I have makes me plenty happy. I only buy shoes when I find a good deal for a happy/ comfy/beautiful pair of shoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment