Wednesday, May 25, 2011

thinks that i like to do and how i feel about my work

In my line o work people can push you on a pedestal or push you down, from one minute to another... but they have the power only if you give them the power over you. Praises and critiques, mostly unfounded. nobody made strangers experts in appraising your value. Every single day people I meet at work are either impressed with how well I speak english, or take it up on me because they can't stand foreigners with an accent, and they freely express their own inadequacy. Some don't even notice my accent, most of them make it obvious, without exception always asking me where I am from.
It doesn't bother me, on the contrary, I love and miss my country and the reason I moved here is because I could, and because I loved the challenge and because my husband is from here.

Anyhow, yesterday I had a hard time connecting with people. They would either not listen to my directions, or after I did everything I could, with patience and kindness and I felt good about the our of training, I told bluntly that I am not an expert in facebook utilization, regardless of the fact that I am not supposed to be.

As I am writing this I realize how silly the facebook fact is. who cares!

I am not saying or even wishing that every person I encounter in my journey to be perfectly adequate or socially and morally, perfectly developed. Sometimes I welcome the challenge, but we have no say in balancing this unexpected encounters.

I try to stay focused on the positive side of things. I still like my coworkers. I still like my managers and I still like what I do for a living.

dreaming about a vacation. frustrated with the financial aspect of it.. but we so need to break from routine, no matter how much we love today's routine.

things I like to do:
-sit o the beach and sun bathe and read or just meditate
-walk through an old city and look at landmarks, eat good local food, take pictures, sleep in, enjoy the occasional hotel life
-when I go to the beach I want to spend at least 3 hours and take the sound of the waves in. no need to talk, but just rest my mind there.
-see family, and my two little nephews. talk with my family, be independent in my sleep arrangements
-listen to christian music, to worship god and feel his presence through music
-paint occasionally
-watch a good movie.
-cook yummy foods when I have the energy to stand in the kitchen
-eat ice-cream or pastry
-drink fun alcoholic drinks with conrad or with my girlfriends
-i like traveling my plane. i like airplane food
-i like being in europe, no matter the city
-i dream about hawaii, but i gave no idea how that is.
-i like to have coffee with conrad in the morning
-i like to go to farmers markets in europe...

No comments:

Post a Comment