Friday, December 2, 2011

blurb

"I always say what I think and I never get in trouble for it"
I never used to be lie that. I would with my words over and over and think of the consequences f my word a thousand times before I said something. But I remember it being just as hard to say something as to never say a word about something that was truly important to me.
So it took years of practice. And I feel the burden of the words for a long time before I speak up... but I am never sorry for what I say... and a good outcome will unfold.
Its a awesome quality to have in business. I never carry burdens for too long. I think this is a gift from my mom. She could never be passive and not say hat needed to be said, but I believe I have refined her gift in me, and I was lucky enough t observe her from outside and learn fast on how I could improve my own self, and make whatever God entrusted me with into a gift not a fault.

I often think of what I would say to my peers, about work and about how they could make the best of it and of themselves. And I rarely speak up. It doesn't seem like that maybe, but the ratio between all the thoughts that cross my mind and the few words that do make it out is discrepant. Maybe and most likely,what never makes it out wasn't meant to be heard to begin with.

Know your resources. be motivated. be enthusiastic, enjoy your work, serve. serve. serve. and do it with a smile. be smart. learn from others. be kind. be appreciative. stay positive and again: enjoy what you do. stop doing what you do if you don't enjoy it anymore. but stop only after you have exhausted all your resources of making your job fun and interesting. reinvent yourself. get a fresh perspective over what you do. stay free. be free. free from resentment and from fear. fear that what you do and what you are is not enough. look people in the eye. and be yourself. a refined yourself. a yourself that you would like to be around too.

No comments:

Post a Comment