Saturday, December 17, 2011

white wine

another day at work.
i said before to reinvent yourself. and that saying has been resonating in my head ever since.
how do i reinvent myself?
i have learned from my journey as a christian to refresh my attitude towards things that i like or dislike... and it has proved itself useful. who loves to do chores, or to server or to study for hours every day?
its amazing what ones attitude can change in the outcome of a day.
it almost feels like I'm convincing myself to like something or dislike something else.
the mind is a powerful thing. there is a dissociation between the will power and the likes and dislikes of someone. i fear that there may come a time when i won't be able to tell the different ... who am i, who i want to be or who i really am if i let myself go?

anyway, if we talk about work, it's like a car racing game. not too much nor too little of something. we race in a fast pace life and we ought to take the turns quite fast and smooth... we ought to stay in the race... and i am not competitive. the competition is always within myself.

i worked today. it's saturday december 17.
it was a productive day. gave some positive feedback. had a positive attitude that changed the outcome of some situation. laughed out loud... my colleagues are funny.

i am having a glass of white wine.. and you can tell by the coherence of my note. i am all over the place.
and i am content.

conrad is watching a show. i am waiting for dinner... tomorrow is sunday and shawn is having me share my christmas experiences growing up and how we were content with small or no gifts. to put things in perspective for the young generation.
how can we be more appreciative and grateful for what we have, when nothing stops us from having everything? we indulge at the first inkling of desire... in sweets and electronics and clothes...

No comments:

Post a Comment